Sunday, April 26, 2009

red herring

Do you remember, like, a million years ago when I posted about swinging a crowbar over at 1st Stage? I can't believe I've been silent about this incredible theatre since then, but no longer.I saw their most recent show, Red Herring, tonight and MAN was it ever fantastic. This was the first show they've done which was not directed by Artistic Director (and my former teacher) Mark Krikstan, but rather by Jessica Lefkow. Based on tonight's performance, she is definitely a name to keep an eye on. The Washington Post agrees, in an article which I have to say is spot-on in its comments. This was truly a great show.I wish now that I'd seen this earlier, as the two performances tomorrow are the only remaining in this show's run, but this group never rests for long.I've said it before, but this bears repeating: if you live in the D.C. Metro area, 1st Stage Theatre is one to watch.

Photos by Brad Kalbfeld

No comments: