Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the new guy


Inauguration Day approaches! Initially, I entertained some thought about braving the insanity downtown, but that's not going to happen. I'd still like to show my support, though! I'm not big on official "commemorative" items (this ad makes me want to throw the remote at the TV every time I see it), but I like the sentiment. I'd just prefer something with a little more...style. I mentioned Metro's commemorative Smartrip card before, and it's apparently a big hit, but still not my thing. But I LOVE the Obama-as-FDR (although the top hat also makes me think Lincoln) illustration Richard Thompson did for The New Yorker in November, and he's decided to put it on buttons!
Well, buttons and t-shirts and totes and whatever else Cafe Press will print, but I like the buttons best. Classy with a dash of history thrown in, and a great way to show your support wherever you may be on January 20th.

No comments: