Sunday, December 18, 2011

Winter Warmth

WInter Warmth

The last new winter coat I got was the Christmas before I went on a school trip to London, in January of 2007.  As a result, I cannot think of winter coats without thinking "Could I wear this in London and not die of hypothermia?"  People, brains are really weird.  And also, you know, it's been awhile since I got a new coat.  Last winter, I discovered a mystery men's black puffy parka which had presumably been left behind in my parents' house by one of my brother's friends, and I commandeered it.  It's warm as heck, but faaaaaaar from fashionable.  Here are the coats (with bonus hats, gloves, and scarves) which have caught my eye this winter.  I love warm colored winter things, they bring so much cheer to cold, bleak days.

We'll see if any of these makes it into my closet before the first snow.  So, what do you think?  Are you the sort of person who buys a new coat every winter?  I always seem to go years between new coats.

Sources:
Hooded top, £125
J Crew toggle coat, $325
Duffle coat, £235
Funnel neck coat, £175
Jack BB Dakota double breasted coat, $70
Wrap top, $88
J Crew cashmere glove, $40
Beanie hat, $38
Fair Isle Scarf, £39

No comments: