Tuesday, February 15, 2011

listening to (and watching)

I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately, mainly because in my spare time I have been doing one of two things: reading a book, or watching Community.  Lately, I've also been listening to music from Community, because they do things like this:
"Somewhere Out There" - Troy (Donald Glover) and Abed (Danny Pudi)

And this:
"Anthropology Rap" - Troy (Donald Glover), Abed (Danny Pudi), and Betty White

I have been shamelessly listening to "Somewhere Out There" for days.  Then, of course, there's the magnificent Spanish 101 Rap, and personally I adore this medley of the musical themes of the first season.  If you watch it, bully for you.  If you don't, I hope you'll check it out.  Bottom line, the show is genius, and if they don't get renewed for a third season I will cry forever.

This post is dedicated to Laura, since "Somewhere Out There" became our theme song in college, when we realized we were destined to spend our lives living in different states.  And also because I texted her all of the lyrics on Saturday, surprising both of us with the discovery that I at some point managed to memorize them.

1 comment:

Laura Marie said...

Okay. I officially love COMMUNITY.

Really, I should just learn to accept that your taste in tv and film is impeccable. I should never doubt. EVER.

Love you.

Somewhere...out there...beneath the pale moonlight...someone's thinking of you and loving you tonight!