Sunday, April 18, 2010

stress

There are certain things I do well.  Dealing with stress is not one of them.  Despite the fact that I sought out an opportunity to drastically change my life and have high hopes for my rapidly approaching year in VISTA, I am riddled with stress.  My nights are plagued with strange and often terrifying dreams and my days are sometimes one blonde moment after another.  I find I am constantly forgetting things.

It isn't that my days are full of activity so much as it is that my brain is full of a worry which forces everything else out.  I'm giving myself until the end of April before I begin packing in earnest, otherwise I'd probably have a meltdown.

Please forgive my lack of blogging.  Perhaps you will find this painting by N. C. Wyeth as calming and distracting as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to pop by and say hello, and that I absolutely love reading your blog. I check it everyday. That sounds stalkerish, but the things you post just make my day. I hope that your stress is resolved soon, and that you have an awesome experience. Alsoooo. I was wondering how to submit a door photo, because walking around Portland, OR, I find quite a few.

Have an awesome day!
Tristan, Portland

PS; I freaking love Nancy Drew.

Kelly Anne said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! You do not sound stalkerish at all! By all means, PLEASE send me door photos! Feel free to send any you like to periwinkled (at) gmail (dot) com. I cannot promise that they'll end up on the blog, but I can promise that they'll make my day!

PS: I am terribly jealous that you live in Portland. It's number one on my list of places to visit in the States.