Friday, April 30, 2010

louis vuitton home

When I lived in Florence, there was a bus which stopped 2 blocks from our school going in one direction, but not in the other.  Which meant that in order to catch a bus back to the apartment, I had to cross the Arno and wait by the Duomo.  Which really wasn't a tough burden to bear, to be completely honest.  That walking route took me directly by the Florence Louis Vuitton location.  I could never bring myself to go inside, but I found great joy in looking through the windows.  Something about Louis Vuitton has always spoken to me of a different time.

So I was of course excited about Todd Selby's new project, especially since it includes a look inside the Vuitton family home.  The excitement increased exponentially the moment I discovered that Louis had decorated his home in the Art Nouveau style (which was actually unfashionable at the time he did it), and that his family had maintained it.  Seeing the home takes me back to those long moments standing in the cold, gazing wistfully at white dresses.  Oh, I knew there was a reason I couldn't look away.
Check out the magnificent fireplace, would you?  Oh, and the inlay on the desk!  I want to fold it all in my arms and never let go.

No comments: