Monday, October 5, 2009

from the loft


I don't know what this says about me (probably nothing good), but I am fascinated by crime.  I mean, my TiVo is set to record just about every crime drama on television (but not all--I do have my standards), and nothing hooks me faster than a book about serial killers.  So, I'm probably a terrible person, but when I discovered the blog for the Justice and Policy Museum of New South Wales, Australia, I took a second look.  Then a third look.  The next thing I knew, I'd read through all of the blog's archives and was disappointed to reach the end.

The blog is maintained by the museum's curators, and each post shows a mug shot or a crime scene photo pulled from their archives and tells the story of the person or event.  It's a thoughtful, well-written blog and I am addicted.  I highly recommend checking it out.


(note: for those concerned about the grisly nature of crime scene photos, everything they've show thus far has been very tame.  Pick any episode of CSI and you'll see worse.)

No comments: