Friday, September 18, 2009

five senses friday

219
I am once again borrowing this lovely idea from Abby, as I'll be on the road for most of the day and have things I'd like to share!
tasting: burnt carrot salad from U Street Girl, a friend and extremely talented chef. I'm kind of cheating, as I haven't tried it yet, but I have eaten a ton of arugula lately.
hearing (and totally singing along):
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, sung by the cast of Glee.
"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here" by She & Him

feeling:
thrilled to have been able to wander the Alexandria craft fair with two of my best girls (my Mom and Leilani)

smelling:
fresh basil from the pot on the deck

seeing:
A fantastic artist on the job. I commissioned a little piece from him and I love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Want to know how good the salad is? As you know, I'm by no means a salad person, but I would eat the burnt carrot salad every day if it were a possibility. It is delicious.