Friday, May 15, 2009

adios


del antigüo Buenos Aires - manzana de las luces, originally uploaded by avatares9.
Hey, friends. Well, finals are over, my last day at the SAAM was today, and this time tomorrow I will be on a plane bound for Argentina. I'm going to let you in on a little secret here: I'm a little bit terrified. Let's list why:

- I am not packed
- I have done absolutely no research
- I have no clue what to expect
- I want to bring too many shoes
- I can't sleep on planes and the flight's 11 hours
- Not only is tomorrow the day I leave for Buenos Aires, it's also the day my summer launches into its insanity.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining about having the chance to visit my brother in BA. No way, Jose. But I've got all this residual stress from finals, a good friend just passed away, and this is the first real trip I've taken since college and it is so strange not to be traveling alone, making my own plans, sticking to my own schedule. I'm trying to see it as a blessing, though, and think about how nice it will be to roll with the punches, camera in hand.

I only have a single memory stick for each camera, so I'm bringing my trusty laptop along to upload as I go. Depending on what we're doing (no clue, remember?) and access to WiFi, I may post photos as I go, too.

Alright, Kel. Deep breaths. I've got a million billion things to do before I board that plane tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to snuggle with my dog.

3 comments:

Marley said...

Oh my gosh, you leave today?? Have an awesome time!!! I can't wait to see your pictures :-) We'll miss ya

Prêt à Voyager said...

i'm SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous you're going to Buenos Aires! Have a wonderful time! I'm sure everything will all fall in place. Just keep a good sense of humor about everything :)

Anne

Casey said...

it's just Argentina and it's just another chapter in the journal, don't sweat the small stuff and you won't miss out on a second! Oh and thanks for the b-day post.