Wednesday, October 8, 2008

wisdom

Historians become so used to learning from the dead that it's easy to forget the wonderful things to be learned from the living. Andrew Zuckerman's Wisdom looks like a fantastic book. In our fast, modern society where the emphasis is almost always on new and fast, it's easy to mistake what is not new and fast for obsolete. This film reminds us that that people are never obsolete.



(There's a prettier version on the website.)

I found myself scrambling to write things down as I watched it. Here are my two favourite quotes:
"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." - Bill Withers

"Love something. I think we've got to learn to love something deeply. I think it's love. It sounds sentimental as hell, but I really think it is." - Andrew Wyeth

No comments: