Monday, September 15, 2008

dream a little

I worked the Arts on Foot festival downtown Saturday, fingerprinting children (it is the Law Enforcement Museum, after all). On a short break, I wandered through the other Penn Quarter booths, which were a mixture of museums, theatres, restaurants, and independent artists. It was right alongside the SAAM that I stumbled across Avner Ofer's booth and its many, many photographs of doors. Unfortunately, the photos I bought aren't on his website, but here's a shot of the three photos of doors I picked up. I also scored two others, of door details. I love the intense and vibrant color in his works. He travels extensively, the shots I purchased were primarily taken in South America.Speaking of door eye candy, check out this sweet periwinkle door from fav blog Portes Et Fenetres. Shot in Killin, Scotland. The color is of course great, but in addition I love the narrow proportions. I'd love to see what the rest of the facade looks like.

No comments: