Wednesday, July 23, 2008

pottery barn love

In my teens, my exposure to interior design was limited to my mother's subscriptions to Southern Living and Better Homes & Gardens and the catalogs which came in the mail. It was during this time that I fell in love with Pottery Barn. I loved the dark wood, the exotic look of some pieces, and the old-fashioned feel of their rooms. As I got older, however, I became more interested in individual craftsmanship and my adoration of PB faded. A couple of things in their most recent catalog caught my eye, however.The first one was the Edison Chandelier (above). I'm not usually a big fan of either exposed bulbs or chandeliers, but somehow this combination of both works for me. The second thing was fabric. Recall, if you will, my quest for curtain fabric. This is Hawaii, the Josef Frank design I loved:This is Serafina Floral, the fabric on the above chair:I'm not sure if the background is white enough or if it will work as curtains, but I've ordered a swatch--we'll see soon enough.(oh, and I loved the chair print on the wall in this room, but it's not actually for sale)

No comments: