Friday, June 20, 2008

help?

This is a fairly young blog, but I am already fortunate to have some readers (other than you, Mom). It is to you stylish folk that I turn with a vital plea: Help me find curtains?The latest issue of Domino ran a story in which they took the outfit of stylist Tina Chai and turned it into a room (see top). I read that magazine two weeks ago and have had those curtains on the brain ever since. Help.The curtain fabric is Hawaii by Scandinavian designer Josef Frank. So I did some research and discovered that I love Frank's designs. They're full of color without being overwhelming, fun without being cutesy, and wisely tempered by the use of that lovely white space.Hawaii is very pink. I'm looking for a design with a dark blue basis on top of the white (like Gröna Fåglar and Us Tree, above) but have no desire to incinerate my wallet. I checked around. The only thing I liked at Marimekko was this (too much green, too much money) and everything at Ikea was either too busy or too full (not enough white space--I might just have to drag myself out to Woodbridge and dig through the bins by hand).

So: Help. Obviously I'm liking the Scandanavian patterns, but I'm very open to suggestions. If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment! And yes, that includes you, Mom.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I am kinda sorta totally loving the first of the three curtain samples.