Monday, July 21, 2008

closet overhaul

Partially inspired by the latest Domino and partially by a late night episode of "How Do I Look?" on the Style channel, I attacked my closet with gusto last night. I am a pack rat, and a lazy one. While I may get sick of all of the stuff in my closet (which is pretty big), it's takes a long time for me to do something about it. So while I was trying on everything I owned last night, I saw things I hadn't worn since high school (and I've been out of college for more than a year). Something needs to be done, desperately, and not just to my wardrobe. Here is what I propose:

I have a dresser in my closet, one that is quite old and falling apart. I was thinking of replacing it with something like the Ă…nes 4-drawer dresser from Ikea. Simple, lightweight, but not uninteresting.

I am fortunate in that I have a generous wall of built-in shelves, currently filled with all sorts of junk. I'd like to replace the repository with some canvas bins for clothing and interesting boxes for assorted other things. I love the bin options from the Container Store, such as the Eco-Fabric Open Bins, currently on sale.Also on the drawing board are new bamboo hangers to replace my multitude of wire ones.


Plus, of course, a small rug on the floor and art on the main wall. Also, I'd like to do something about my ugly, plain light fixture (via).

Thoughts?

No comments: