Monday, May 12, 2008

pretty wanderings

Since my job ended in April and I began my period of waiting-to-hear-about-internships which has gradually become one of caring-for-homes-and-pets-as-a-career, I've been spending a great deal of time online. I find it funny that, although I spent most of my senior year in college working a job that required me to sit at a computer and wait for the phone to ring, I never really grasped how much the internet had to offer me. There are so very, very many pretty things online, and there's little I love more than pretty things. The image above is a screenshot of the tabs I opened via links from everything that was in my Google Reader this morning when I woke. At the point that that shot was taken, I hadn't looked at any of them yet; I needed to take a break for a while before filling my head with more prettiness. That said, here are some very pretty things I stumbled across today.

Oh, but I love the combination of wall colors ("mint and moss") and that gorgeous red cabinet! From a Design*Sponge profile of Elenor of pullmepushyou design.

Split Pod vessels from Whitney Smith (also at her etsy store). Whitney was an Unexpected Guest over at sfgirlbybay today. She has a lot of Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts-inspired pieces, and as those are sort of my favoured decorative arts movements (okay, there's no sort of about it), I find that pretty much the bee's knees.

I've recently become addicted to Apartment Therapy, mainly because of one crucial thing: it lets me look into other people's homes. Because other people's home are so much prettier than mine!

Take Kyle's Jamaica Plain Jem, for example. I just want to lie down in that room and absorb the colors. Yum, yum, yum. The whole site is just chock-full of examples of creative people who've accomplished incredible things in very small spaces. Take a gander at the Small Cool 2008 finalists, you'll see what I mean.

No comments: