Friday, April 18, 2008

woohoo, new layout!

I picked up a very handy book today, The IT Girl's Guide to Blogging with Moxie, authored by the lovely ladies of Moxie Design Studios. With a tagline like "Being a geek is oh-so-chic!" what's not to like? And it is a very good book. Simple without being patronizing, and full of examples and suggestions (of blogs as well as cocktails). So, book in hand, I decided to actually get to work on my layout.

When I started this blog, I had a very specific idea of what I wanted it to look like. I'm in my second month, and already that idea has changed, so I threw it out the window and browsed templates until I found something that caught my eye. "The Second Thing" from Frivmo Design did just that, and here we are. Nothing is easy, and I had to reconstruct my links list from memory, but the end result is worth it.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Joelle said...

Congrats on the new design! It looks great. :)

Thank you for picking up our book. I'm so happy it was helpful for you!

Kelly Anne said...

Thanks! Now if I could only figure out how to change that title font...

The book is great, thanks!