Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Simple Sandwich

Isn't it funny how something so small can make your day?  This morning, my father, brother, and I went into town to the farmer's market, and almost immediately my dad grabbed a loaf of Swiss cheese bread (made, appropriately, by The Swiss Bakery).  Cheese and bread are two of my favourite things, and it seems I come by it honestly.  When lunchtime rolled around, I took stock of the fridge and decided that a simple BLT on Swiss cheese bread was just the thing.  Oh, and it was.
(Here's a Cinemagram of my bacon frying, because I love that iron skillet and Cinemagram is a super fun app to play with.)  

My brother added some mayo and avocado to his sandwich, and my dad piled on onions and horseradish sauce in addition to the avocado, too.  But, seriously: simple artisan bread sandwiches are the best.
A single macaron from my carefully rationed stash made for a perfect final touch.  That yellow macaron?  That's Lemon Lavender, and it is AMAZING.  I always save it for last, and spend my time dreaming about eating it.  It's that good.

No comments: