Friday, May 18, 2012

Things I'm Digging Right Now

Here, in no particular order, are some things I'm digging right now.
 Hammered Chevron Earrings from Need Supply - I picked these up last weekend and have had to resist the urge to wear them every single day every since.  They're light and sassy and not too big, perfect for my freakishly little ears.  I nabbed mine at Need Supply's brick and mortar store, but they're also available online.
Artsy bowls - Rather than use ugly plastic or metal water dishes for her dogs, my aunt has several gorgeous pottery bowls scattered throughout the house.  In addition to being beautiful--it's like finding a piece of art where you least expected it--they're also incredibly functional.  They're heavy--if you've ever had a dog who liked to play "drag the water bowl around," then you know what that's worth--but not so heavy to make picking them up to refill a backbreaking chore.  Here are two pieces I liked. 
Tattly temporary tattoos - After years of maybes, I've come to the conclusion that I am not destined to ever have a tattoo.  Which is maybe why I love Tattly tattoos so much--they're all artist-designed and of super-high, long-lasting quality.  I get to have a tattoo for just long enough to satisfy myself.  I discovered with delight that World of Mirth, a fantastic toy-and-kitsch store here in Richmond, carried Tattly and eagerly picked up a set of Marc Johns' boombox tattoos.  I am so in love with this little guy, I never want to cover up my forearms again.
Collages by cur3es - I went through a college-making phase in high school, but never really studied them as an art form in college, which seems like a gross oversight now that I've fallen for the work of collage artist cur3es.  You can check out his stuff on tumblr, flickr, and even buy prints and other products on society6.

That's all from me!  Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments: