Saturday, May 14, 2011

going home

I have been an extraordinarily bad blogger lately, and I know it.  Today was my official last day as an Americorps VISTA.  Tomorrow I will go back to being just any old educated person without a job or health insurance.  So that's something to look forward to.

I'm in a mess of packing over here, and I'm still tumbling the last year over in my head.  What it comes down to, I think, is that there are all sorts of people in the world.  There are people who bloom beautifully where they're planted and make friends with every single other plant in the garden.  I'm not one of those people.  I bloom where my loved ones are, and spending the last year away from family and friends has been difficult in a way I had not anticipated.

This is not to say that I have not made friends over the last year--I have; really, really lovely people.  But tomorrow we're packing up the trailer and I'm going home.  Back to my garden.

I don't know when I'll be blogging normally again (although with me there isn't a great deal of 'normal' at all, is there?).  I don't adjust very quickly, and moving home is definitely going to be an adjustment.  In the meantime, I will probably be lurking around Tumblr.  Maybe I'll see you there?

No comments: