Thursday, January 13, 2011

amelie revisited

Last night, all alone in the house, I cut up some pita, mixed up a bowl of hummus and olives, poured myself a tall glass of Diet Dr. P, and put on Amelie.  It's one of my favourite movies, but this was only the second time I'd watched it.  About halfway through, I paused the film, turned off the lights, and lit my favourite mango candle (okay, it's my only mango candle.  My only candle, in fact.  Note to self: need more mango candles).  I had forgotten one of the things I loved most when I saw Amelie the first time: watching Amelie makes me want to be in Amelie.  So I thought I'd share that feeling with you.
Ah, je l'adore.  The colors, the music, the wallpaper and architecture.  All of it.  If that doesn't make you want to pack up, move to Montmartre, and fall in love with a charming weirdo, then...what are you even doing at this blog?  Are you lost?

screenshots from here

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Oh, me too - I know exactly how you feel! So lovely...

windeater.blogspot.com

Wu said...

It's really the little things. :)

Kelly Anne said...

Chris--I know! So, so clever.

Vera said...

LOVE the movie!