Sunday, February 14, 2010

mwah!


I Love You More Than Applesauce
by Jack Prelutsky

I love you more than applesauce,
than peaches and a plum,
than chocolate hearts and cherry tarts
and berry bubblegum.

I love you more than lemonade
and seven-layer cakes,
then lollipops and candy drops
and thick vanilla shakes.

I love you more than marzipan,
than marmalade on toast,
oh I love pies of any size,
but I love YOU the most.

This is my favourite poem, which I share with you each year on Valentine's Day!  It comes from It's Valentine's Day, a fantastic book of poems.  I hope your day is filled with hugs, sweets, and (take a note from the critters*) lots of smooches!

*My mom is a small mammal interpreter (her actual title) at the National Zoo, and they like to include the animals in holidays. Here are a couple naked mole rats (my mother's favourite) enjoying a little heart of frozen fruit.

No comments: