Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Here is a list of things I did:
- went to dinner at friends of my parents because it was snowing and I was hungry and I HAVE NO FRIENDS (note: self-pity, please ignore), where I got drunk from two glasses of wine and tried very hard not to break anything
- read 5 or 6 books (good ones)
- shoveled snow
- discovered that tossing my 50 lb dog into said snow and letting her wriggle around actually loosened it up and made it easier to shovel. Applied method repeatedly, much to the neighbors' bewilderment
- discussed with father the possibility of repurposing the jet ski as a snomobile, all James Bond like. Abandoned plan due to lack of any mechanical ability
- twisted bad ankle shoveling snow. Felt guilty for abandoning the driveway, then read a book and felt better
- baked a pizza from scratch by candlelight. How many people can say that? (shut up, 16th Century Italians, no one asked you)
- WON A GAME OF PYRAMID.
- baked cookies (not by candlelight). Ate 7 of them
- went to the mall. Bought a whale sweater. Accidentally wandered into Forever 21. Resisted the urge to curl up in a ball and cry from over-stimulation
- spent many hours fantasizing about living in the woods. Or on a cliff
- made a list for my own amusement
Thank you I feel so much better now.
photo by clumsy bird