Wednesday, January 6, 2010

sunny west elm

When I interned at the SAAM, my daily walk from the metro to the museum offices took me right by the West Elm on G.  At first, I loved it.  Seeing the window displays was a pretty way to start my day.  But then, little by little, I got bored with them.  As time went by, the color seemed to seep out of the windows, leaving nothing by neutrals, earth tones, and pastels behind.  Those are all well and good, but me, I love colors with some punch.  So I was pretty thrilled to get my catalog in the mail yesterday with its bright yellow chairs on the cover.

I would like to see more brightly saturated hues (I painted my nails a coral pink the other day and it's all I can think about now), but lemon yellow is a pretty solid place to start.  Here are some of my favs from the spring collection.

Andalusia Rug.  I'm crazy about it.  I really, really am.

Upholstered Slipper Chair. Reminds me of my aunt's house at the beach, with its gray exterior and yellow door.

Wrap Dining Chair.  This kind of chair isn't really my style, but it does my heart good to see it.

Petal Print Sheet Set.  Definitely the #1 pick.  Of course.  It's a bit much for my pocket, so I'm just going to hold my peace, wait for a sale, and pray that no one else thinks it's as wonderful as I do.

No comments: