Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving, y'all


sweet potato cheese cake, originally uploaded by t-squared.
So our gathering is very small this year, just the four of us and my aunt.  We've got a pretty kickass meal lined up, though.  Check it:
-Bird
-Sweet Potatoes with marshmallows on top (my mom's fav)
-Regular stuffing
-Oyster stuffing (my brother's creation)
-Squash and tomato dish
-Salad with craisins, goat cheese, and walnuts
-Mashed potatoes (my dish, recipe from here)
-Coconut custard pie (at my father's request)
-Orange chess pie (my grandma's recipe)

After the initial prep, we headed out on a walk while things baked.  When we returned, we were shocked to discover that the turkey was nearly ready!  So, the meal will be around 12:30 rather than 2:00 and we'll have our planned h'ors devours (olives and cheese) tonight while we watch Up.  Seems to me like a pretty awesome day.

Today, I am thankful for my family, as weird as they are, and our dumb little dog who just managed to get a small rawhide chew bone stuck around her tooth.  Also: pie.  I am very thankful for pie.  What about you?


No comments: