Monday, September 21, 2009

good days to be a book lover


This week is a good one if you're a book lover in the DC Metro area.  Here's why:

1. Fall for the Book Festival at George Mason University: This is a great event, and I'm not just saying that because it takes place at my alma mater.  They always succeed in getting wonderful guests, and this year is no differentClick here for a list of events and ongoing exhibitions.

2. 2009 National Book Festival: The grand poobah of book fairs, this event, thrown by the Library of Congress, involves hordes of book lovers swarming over the Mall.  It's enough to warm the cockles of this local's heart.  Click here for a list of authors that includes more big names than you can shake a stick at.

3. Small Press Expo: This is the event I'll be attending on Saturday.  It's smaller in scale than the other two, but includes lots of artists and producers of art books.  I am super, super excited about it (as well as getting to hang out with two great dudes), and will hopefully come home with lots of stories (and loot!).

These are the events I know of.  If I've missed any, please let me know!

No comments: