Tuesday, August 12, 2008

piece of the week: beach finds

Beach Stones, originally uploaded by Philosopher Queen.

Fun fact: I collect stones from beaches. Lately, I've been trying to figure out what to do with my little collection. I think the below is a lovely idea, only the stones I pick up tend to be much smaller. Easy to slip in my pocket and continue on. I just love how smooth the sea and sand makes them. Still, how pretty! I love the wood above, too! (from stylist Tanya Goodwin of Refresh Agency via Aesthetic Outburst)

For fans of rocks and driftwood, I recommend visiting Ruby Beach in Olympic State Park, WA. A rough and gorgeous place, there are plenty of rocks and logs to be had. It was there I picked up my first beach rock and piece of driftwood.

driftwood

On this coast, I discovered this summer that a favourite antiques and glass place near the Outer Banks in North Carolina, Lammers Glass, also carries a huge selection of beautifully sculptural driftwood. The prices are very reasonable, too.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I collect sea glass :)