Wednesday, June 18, 2008

piece of the week: prayer flags

In high school, two friends and I visited the Freer and Sackler Galleries on the day Tibetan monks destroyed the Healing Mandala they had created following September 11th. It was truly an amazing experience. While there, I purchased a set of Tibetan prayer flags, which have accompanied me everywhere I've lived since. Personal significance aside, I find them a lovely, simple accent which brings immediate color to any room.

I'd show a photo of mine, which is a short stand with five flags (red, green, yellow, blue, and white) except that it's in a box until my room's done being a disaster area.

Flags can be ordered from several places. The set which I have is this one, also available here.

photos are from Claude@Munich, and Tea and Elephants, and Michele Falzone via Letters from China

No comments: