Wednesday, June 4, 2008

funky old homes

I love it when someone takes a space and does something completely different than what you expected with it. I don't mean taking a formal dining room in a grand Georgia plantation and outfitting it with a moon bounce (which, you must admit would be unexpected, yet also awesome). I'm talking about having a gorgeous old barn in the English countryside (see above), and decorating it with the following:

That is one warm, funky space and I want it.

That's the Buddhist symbol for "Ohm" on the ceiling, y'all. It's like a bedroom that waltzed straight out of my imagination. Yum, yum. And on the subject of fun old houses (also articles from the New York Times--found the above on AT), here are a few photos from an article my lovely Peter V sent me about a home in Pennsylvania. Not as cozy, but just as unexpected. Plus, it reminds me strikingly at times of my great aunt's home in Tobaccoville, NC.

2 comments:

Taddie Tales said...

Makes me want to curl up with a fire and some tea - BEAUTIFUL home. I do so love English barns.

Kelly Anne said...

I know! I feel exactly the same way. Love the little stove, too!